Monday, February 1, 2010

Mathilda's Market in Canberra



I'm excited to be a stallholder at Mathilda's Market in Canberra at the end of February. But I must admit it has put me into a bit of a crafty spin....I am seizing the opportunity to create lots of unique pieces with beautiful fabric that I've been hoarding (some for years). I have such a hard time using it if I really really love it. But I did declare after the Stitches Show in Sydney to stop being precious about precious fabric! I'm focusing on wonkies and tshirts for the market, and am so grateful for the FABULOUS scissors I got for Christmas from my gorgeous Mum. They absolutely ROCK MY WORLD and yes, I am aware how nerdy that sounds. But they do.


And I must admit by far the most fun part about making wonkies is exploring all the different fabric combinations that give them their personalities...so many awesome fabric designers out there...


We all know that crafty chicks can never have too much fabric but I think I might be walking a fine line. What do you think?

No comments: