Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daisy Brooch Kits

I make no secret about the fact that I work best under pressure. I've always been like that. I am an awesome worker when I am juggling 500 things and a lazy lame worker when I have one task and a week to do it. I could be relaxing this week, obsessing over the final details for next week's Stitches and Craft Show. But noooooooo... instead I am madly finishing the pattern and kit for these little daisy brooches that I've been making...determined to add them as a product at my stand. (Yes the daisy obsession continues!) I don't have to do this. But if I don't I'll feel slack. I could have done this six months ago when I took a mini-craft-hiatus after almost killing myself with preps for the Sydney Stitches Show. But there was no pressure, so I didn't. So instead of having a relaxing week easing into my adventure to Melbourne, I will be in a mad panic, covered in bits of felt, printing kit covers on my trusty laser printer, lovingly selecting colour combinations of leather, felt and buttons (man is that part fun!)...reminding myself that its better to make the kits and not sell any of them than sit around wondering if they would have sold if I'd bothered to make them at all!

5 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

They look amazing. I'll have to pop in and visit next week in Melbourne...good luck.

Juicy Roo said...

Thanks so much! And yes, definitely drop by and say hi if you can.

kristieb said...

Hey Julie, have a great show- I bet you get way wonkied, hope you have a wonky flick stitch going on!!
The Incubator is the Best. Have fun, look forward to reading all about it, wish we were coming. Kristie- rourke and henry

Sue Niven said...

I had such a lovely time at the Stitches and craft show on Friday, Looking forward to making my brooch, lovely stuff designs you have, congratulations!

Crayon Chick said...

Hahaha, reading your post is like reading my own thoughts - word for word: the lazy bit, the best under pressure bit, the wondering what would have happened if I didn't burn out getting something done at the last minute to take to the Show bit! It's been so lovely having you and Marilyn as 'colleagues' this week. Cheers, Michelle