Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Photography Challenges


Alas I fear my trusty Canon PowerShot S30 might be on its last legs. Either that or I am a shocker of a photographer. I am experiencing its limitations and its very frustrating. Admittedly I've had it since early 2003 (surreal to think I paid almost 1000 Canadian bucks for it.) But I must say it has been a little gem. Its been dropped many times, knocked off a table by my cat (on purpose!) literally an hour after I bought it, and has been the most faithful travel companion EVER! I knew in the early days that natural lighting conditions were my Canon's best friend. So now that I have built a lightbox, I want to be able to photograph my goodies at all hours of the day, not just when it is gloriously overcast. And so too by problems begin. This pic is the best I can muster so far of a set of Juicy Roo greeting cards  AND I had the help of the levels in Photoshop. I might borrow the office's camera and see if that makes a difference. If it does, I need a new camera. If it doesnt, I might need a BETTER camera. I'll postpone further judgement until I can do some more experiments.
NOTE that very blatant attempt at self promotion. Would anyone believe it is an attempt to see if I know how to create a link? I'm very new to blogging you see.


No comments: